This Disappears When Logged In

Wireless T-stat/humid Control With Mobile Monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Codey Houdek, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Codey Houdek

Codey Houdek New Member

Hello,

So i have several tanks with several different types of Reptiles (Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, Burmese Pythons, ETC). I have been using several different types of t-stats from the stick on ones on the glass and a digital one with the probe on a wire and the digital display on the outside of the tank. So what i am looking for and hoping someone can help be find or give me suggestions of what you guys are using. I would like to have several (Probes) and place them in each tank (possible couple probes in each tank for different temps on the cool side VS the warm side) and be able to have a base so that you can see the temperatures and the humidity in each tank and be able to access all of these from my phone or my wife's phone from like an app. What my hope is is that we can name each probe so we can See that Lady's tank is 82.5 degrees and Gurt's tank is 78.2 degrees. Hope this is not confusing and understanding. Again i appreciate any help, thanks.

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If that doesn't exist yet, someone needs to invent it. Or make an app that can connect existing thermostats like Herpstats with your Iphone.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Subscribed User Premium Member

Look into the herpkeeper line by digital aquatics. Only one I know of that has any options for internet connectivity, though I've never use that feature and I'm not sure what all is involved. Now I've had this system for a couple years now, and excluding the internet question, I'll give you the pros and cons I've found. Pros: can run many different probes from the same control unit, built in night drop capabilities with additional probe, I believe they can even be programmed for seasonal variations but haven't personally tried that, one control box can run a lot of cages (I currently have 5 running from the same control, could easily be 8 or 12), modular design can help prevent the entire system from going down all at once if something fails.
    Cons: replacement temp probes are expensive, $25 compared to $15 for herpstat and most other brands, and I believe the base system only come with one, but don't quote me on that bit. A bit of a learning curve, as the control menus aren't as well contrived as I feel they could be, and the manuals kind of suck in my opinion. Not all outlets on the specialized power strips have proportional output capabilities, some are on/off only.
    Now I have had some issues with the temp probes going bad, and one power module quit on me, but I also got all of these systems used, and I'm not sure how much use was on them when they came to me, so age may have been a factor. Well, hopefully some of this rambling helps.