This Disappears When Logged In

What Is This On My Baby's Skin

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Lacyspikes, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Lacyspikes

Lacyspikes New Member

hello everyone !!
    I bought a water dragon about 2 months ago , and recently his skin is starting to look weird .. I originally thought he was shedding . I have an iguana , and I'm used to her shedding a certain way, this doesn't look like that at all ..
    I'm thinking maybe it's a fungal infection , but I'm having trouble keeping the humidity up in his cage , and I would think a fungal infection would be caused by too much humidity . I recently moved from Florida to North Carolina , and with the heat on constantly there is barely any humidity in my house , had no problems at all in Florida with that ..

So what do you guys think this looks like . These are some pics of him having his daily soak , so you can really see it when he's wet .

Thanks in advance
    IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0264.JPG

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks like a skin infection of some sort. It could be a fungus regardless of the humidity. I would suggest seeing a vet so that they can prescribe medication to correct it before it becomes something more serious.

3. Lacyspikes

Lacyspikes New Member

Thank you , I have an appt with the vet on Monday

Rich likes this.
  4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you show a few photos of the whole enclosure (including a view of the top) and give details of the ambient (air) temps, the basking surface temp plus the humidity range, and what type of thermometer/hygrometer you use to measure them? Thanks!