This Disappears When Logged In

Water Build Up In Cage

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Chandler, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Chandler

Chandler New Member

So ive had my emerald tree boa for around a year now with no problems. But i have what i think to be an issue. I have a misting set up for her cage that goes off every x amount of hours for x amount of seconds. After so many days pass i have all this water in the bottom of the cage coming through the substrate just pooling. Do i have it set to much to often, or is this normal to get pooling of water from a misting setup.

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like your mister is set too high. Reduce the output or the frequency.
    What brand are you using?

4. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Try adding a false bottom and move the misters feedo hose in the very bottom. Recycle the water

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Problem with that is you would have to have some kind of filter on the intake to keep from clogging up the mister.
    If your using the mister to maintain humidity, you probably need to take another look at your setup, guessing you have too much ventilation, which is a common issue and might explain why you have to run the mister so often.