This Disappears When Logged In

Vield Chamelon Closed Eye

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by DAISY, Mar 21, 2017.

1. DAISY

DAISY New Member

My boyfriend & I recently decided to get a veil chameleon about two weeks ago, he had one in the past so he had the basic setup. We bought it and of course the lights.. moonlight, UVB & daylight, calcium etc! When we picked him out nobody wanted him because he was so fast and would run away from everyone, the rest were so calm, me and my boyfriend liked him cause he was different! Anyways he has been under our care, gets mist 3 times a day.. perfect temp & humidity always!! Once we got him he turned calm, he would eat good drink a few water, recently today I noticed his eye is shut idk if thats normal, we have the uvb light on during the day.. because the day light reaches over 100 degrees and its too hot or should we leave it anyways???. His eye is shut and it doesnt move.. I havent really seen him eat... i dont know if he is shedding or its the light affecting him because he is right below it and doesnt move? Anyone have answers?

2. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

If he is right under the light he's looking for uv. Is there a way for you to bring down the temps?

3. DAISY

DAISY New Member

I had the uv on, should I make it hotter or colder?

4. Jsilverback64

What are your day and night temps? How are they measured? I wouldn't want to give any real advice without knowing the setupspecifics as I'd risk doing more harm than good.

5. DAISY

DAISY New Member

I have a themometor inside the cage, temp is always mostly at 74, 77.. day and night.. humidity always at green.. he has stopped eating and now closes both eyes its been days...

6. Jsilverback64

What kind of thermometer. Please be specific. What type of units for both temp and humidity. And what is the cage set up like. Thanks.