This Disappears When Logged In

Snake Deep In Blue Phase

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Leanne130, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Leanne130

Leanne130 Active Member

1502184504490-1048289544.jpg Hi there my corn shakira is deep in blue phase, her eyes have gone cloudy, she's so full and VERY nervous&scared; I have made my own humid hide but i need help; does this look Okay?

There is condensation outside of the humid box as well, can anyone help? What should i do?? 1502184529205-215042457.jpg

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I would have used an opaque container and fill it with sphagnum moss/similar, the condensation is just a sign of humidity it`s not a problem unless it gets soaking wet through (around 70% or so is o.k).

Leanne130 likes this.
  3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

Is there a way for shakira to get out? Cut a hole for a door in the side. I also agree with the opaque container, but if you cover the lid with something like tape to add alittle security that should be ok. So she can feel hidden.

4. Leanne130

Leanne130 Active Member

Heya sorry it took a while to get back I got a new phone so trying to get all that sorted was a nightmare.. just letting you know she did have a way to get out and in the was a big hole in the box; she has all cleared up so I'm just waiting on the shed actually coming off, she's so bright again:D:p I just soaked her coconut and wet napkins because I read that they like napkins so I ripped some up and played them under her bedding but she dug right through the bedding and always seems to hide under them so I cut more up and I'm letting her have some napkins in with her; I'm hoping this shed (her first one since I've had her) will go all okay so fingers crossed, she's only shed 3 times according to the sheet I got with her, 1nce on the 26/8/2016 once on 22/10/16 and then now can anyone tell what age she is by the pattern? And someone told me I could be feeding her too much? She gets fed a pinkie on a Wednesday then again on a Sunday? Is this true?

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

Usually they shed for the first time a week after hatching, so based on the shed dates you provided it would be around 19/8/16 for a hatch date. And I bet she has shed atleast once more than was recorded. I Like to feed larger meals less often personally, I would try on your next feed day to feed two pinkies in a row, if she takes both, then bump her up to fuzzies every 5 days to once a week. You want to aim for food items the same girth as the snake.

Leanne130 likes this.
  6. Leanne130

Leanne130 Active Member

Thank you so much! That helps and makes so much more sense, she had a perfect shed must of been early hours of this morning:rolleyes: woohoo least i know I was taking good care of her☺ 20170812_141808.jpg 20170812_141847.jpg