This Disappears When Logged In

Severely Burnt Tail

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Ella Maxwell, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ella Maxwell

Ella Maxwell Well-Known Member

hi, i got home today to see my leopard gecko had completely burnt her tail, its raw red, bleeding a little and hard and crusty at the end. She had a little burn on her tail a week before as a result from the thermostat failing (its fixed now) and i was keeping an eye on it and it was healing well. She has then shed and seemed to have ripped the whole healing process off leaving a very raw and what looks like an extremely painful wound. I am taking her to the vets so they can give her a once over because i feel that its best as the skin seems to be dying on the end and i do not want any infection spreading. For the meantime i have moved her to a hospital tank with a paper towel substrate and two hides and a water bowl. I'm posting here to see if you guys can help or suggest things that would help soothe her or aid the healing process whilst shes waiting for the vet, shes in a lot of pain and i really hate watching her like this and not being able to help her.

Thanks, Ella.

Attached Files:

2. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

What type of heating element is used? Not the thermostat but what is plugged into it. Sorry I don't know how to help her but hopefully the vet can. Just wondering what type of heater is used so I know about the different possible things could go wrong.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, hopefully by the time you read this you`ll have managed to see a vet and they`ve offered some treatment, if not you can gently apply a diluted iodine solution @ ten parts water to one part iodine, do that once per day, do not rinse off.