This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Suggestions

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Chase Kurek, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Chase Kurek

Chase Kurek Member

So, I have kept many reptiles over the years from snakes, to turtles, and just recently a Monitor, but I've never had an arboreal species, so I decided I wanted to get a cheap arboreal species that is good when being handled. If anyone has suggestions for a cheap arboreal lizard, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

What do you mean by "cheap"? Not that there is anything wrong with wanting an inexpensive animal (besides that proper care usually costs more than the animal), but are you talking inexpensive care, or initial cost to set up, or just an inexpensive animal?

3. Chase Kurek

Chase Kurek Member

Just something relatively cheap, more on the animal side because most arboreal species I've seen are expensive. I can handle an expensive setup

4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

Well... anoles and long tailed lizards are really inexpensive. Personally though I would spend alittle extra on a crested gecko but that's just my personal preference. I like animals you can interact with alittle more.
    There's alot of experienced anole keepers here that can help you if you go that route.

Chase Kurek, Qwerty3159 and Jay1718 like this.
  5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

There's not that many arboreal species that can be handled that don't cost much.
    If handling is important you should definitely make the push for something like a crested gecko. You can still get them pretty cheap at a reptile expo.
    Anoles are fun to watch especially if you get a few of them. They'll relax around your presence pretty quickly but won't really ever become a pick up and hold lizard.

Chase Kurek and AmityReptiles like this.
  6. Chase Kurek

Chase Kurek Member

Yeah, I had been looking at green tree monitors, and they looked awesome so I started researching them and then I saw their price...