This Disappears When Logged In

Quarantine Questions.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Jsilverback64, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Hello everyone. So a couple weeks ago I got my gf to agree to a couple Leo hatchlings. Gizmo the blazing blizzard and Niko the patternless. Well. We were buying a new tank today just because she fell for them and wanted them to have a huge home. 40g breeder. It's being set up and I know they'll love it. Now. Question is. While we were there. She felt bad for and rescued a third. Albino. No name yet. I'm going to of course quarantine him/her for ???? How long should I keep it quarantined. While the three are still juvies I do plan on housing all three in the 40gal until late they can be sexed. Then any males will be housed separately. Hopefully I have 3 females. Lol. Anyway. Thanks for any help. Never had to quarantine before because always kept different species.

2. Jay1718

Jay1718 Established Member

A 3o day minimum, but 60 to 90 days is better.
    Congrats on the new Leo's, I've been wanting to get another one myself

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Agree with the above, I know of some who go even further and wait 6 months of more.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have always used 60 days.

5. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Thanks guys. Glad to know from people's experience. My phone takes crappy pics because lens is cracked but soon I'll have pics of the three. Gizmo, Niko, and Sandy. Good news is the new one, Sandy, had herself I nice poop overnight. Everything looks good as far as color. Consistency and urea is attached.