This Disappears When Logged In

Poor Guy.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Jsilverback64, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

So. I have three Leo's. Two were bought together and one separate. One of the pair started showing signs of illness about 2 weeks after. He's been isolated in a small 10 gallon wrapped in paper to ease any stress. Upped the temp an extra 7 degrees to try and incident fever effect and kick up immune system. He started to improve after another week or so of that. But that was a week no food for a baby. He is 5.1g after last weigh. The other two were 8.4 at this time and same age. Been three weeks now. He eats 1-2 small crickets on average every other day. But he is not putting on any weight from lack of eating. I believe this is crypto and I feel bad for him if he's suffering. But he is otherwise active. Drinks daily. Licks his calchum pile and is personable as much as you'd expect a sick baby who is mainly left alone to be. Well. Rant over. I guess I just wonder if anyone heard of them pulling through. Thanks

2. Lizardlover13

Lizardlover13 Member

Well ours is 17 years old and is still pulling through! She is very old and probably will die soon:(. But make sure she is separated and you can try meal worms, and make sure the crickets aren't too big. Also, there are powders for sick or baby lizards that you can mix with water to feed the little guy off a plastic syringe or put it in a dish in the cage.

3. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Well that's good that he can live a long life. I buy about 3 week old crix so they are tiny. Probably undersized but I'd rather it be easy for him. He loves to hunt and always tail wags at feeding time. He's completely separated. Opposite side of room as my others. Another 2 Leo's and a beardie. He is fed last at feeding time. And is only handled during cage cleaning to keep stress low. He also cannot see out of his tank as it's wrapped in white paper. I also offer him tiny roaches.