This Disappears When Logged In

Newbie With Western Fence Lizards!

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by Sffred, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Sffred

Sffred New Member

hello my fellow Reptilian owners!

I have a male western fence lizard (blue belly lizard) for about 2 months now and I recently just caught a female Western fence lizard (which I believe might be pregnant)

I believe the male may not be full grown yet, because the female is bigger than my male. After I cleaned the female I put her in his tank and he went crazy! push ups, then chasing, (bitting her), and it seems like a push up seizure when he's close to her! Lol

One thing that worries me is that my male is younger than her. And I don't think that's stopping my male. He recently put both his hands on top of her head covering her eyes??? ( I'm guessing he's forcing her to lay her eggs so she can mate with him)

She doesn't even wanna mate with him, in fact I seen her curl her back like a cat does when a cat is scarred. tripped me out. I'm thinking I might have to separate them until she lays her eggs (if she's even pregnant at all) or if she's not interested because he is so small.

Thanks in advance
    Fred

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

You should keep them separate at the least for 90 days. Make sure the new one is healthy. After that. Maybe go slow to keep stress low. Or just introduce to mate then separate