This Disappears When Logged In

New Vivarium Set Up

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by Peter1976, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Peter1976

Peter1976 New Member

I have attached a video of my new set up below. I plan on adding powder blue isopods and pink springtails within the next week . My question is regarding how to go about purchasing a crrested gecko. I see many options for purchasing them online but I am afraid it would lose its tail and the idea of it being thrown around worries me. Furthermore, I would not be able to examine it and see if it is calm etc. Our big box stores have them but I was hoping for a more unique looking crested and they also dont take care of them very nicely. I live in NJ and was hoping someone could point me to a breeder in the area. I am willing to drive 60-90 miles from the philly area. Thank you in advance.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

I'm Not from nj and don't know about any breeders in your area, but I recommend visiting your local reptile expo. There's usually crested geckos at the expos, and you can see them for yourself and ask the breeders questions face to face.

3. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

Over in Hamburg, Pa there is sometimes an expo. I think it's a couple times a year. I think it's called northern berks.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just do a search for, "reptile expos new jersey".
    As for the tail...it is normal to lose them. Very few adult cresties have tails and those that do are at risk for health issues.

AmityReptiles likes this.
  5. Peter1976

Peter1976 New Member

Next Expo is in September. I may have to wait. Thank you for the info on tails and health issues.