This Disappears When Logged In

New Leopard Gecko Set Up

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Armando, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Armando

Armando Member

Hello all. New to herpcenter.com. I put together a tank for our leopard geckos. Please feel free to comment and provide feedback. I appreciate everyone's posts that gave me ideas, and especially thank you for care guide.
    1. 20 gal aquarium.
    2. Metal screen top.
    3. Tile from hardware store (Menards here in Midwest).
    4. Thermometer #1 from Amazon.
    5. Thermometer #2
    6. Hot hide #1 on left
    7. Hot hide #2 -wood candy dish from Goodwill with 1 3/4 hole drilled and sanded smooth.
    8. Water/food dishes
    9. Plants from Michaels craft store. 8 bucks or so? Because anything from pet store is very expensive. I will try to upload pics. 20170110_131920.jpg
    Thanks and have a great day. Armando

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Looks good. Plenty of room but still plenty of places to hide as well.

4. Armando

Armando Member

In your opinion, is that enough room for three adult female Leo's? Long story short, we went to get two that were always together at the pet store and we ended up with three when we felt sorry for the last one. Thank you!

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

That will be a bit tight for 3. You will have to monitor them very closely to make sure there is no bullying or fighting over food or space. And you'll need a separate cage setup and ready just in case problems do developer. Been down that road.

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  6. Armando

Armando Member

Thank you so much for your insight. I really appreciate it. It looks like I have to get a second tank ready. I'll continue to keep a very close eye on the health of these animals.