This Disappears When Logged In

Just Got An Emerald Swift

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by TigerIvy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

hi all,
    Sooo I decided to adopt an Emerald Swift. I have one in a 20g with (probably) too much foliage. Got the lights up (including full spectral UV). Temps on warm side are about 85 or so cool side is about 78 or so. Kinda forgot a UTH going to go get on in the AM.

Ok so few questions.
    Anything I need to modify here?
    Is there too much foliage?
    Can they eat [size appropriate] Dubia?
    Do they need a multi or just calcium?
    Would spring tails be detrimental since they are high humidity critters?
    And how often do I mist? Chlorinated or de chlorinated?

And I know folks are gonna say pictures so attaching. Thanks in advance! And! Yes there is a top on it, yes it's secure.

Attached Files:

2. Rapid Lizard

Rapid Lizard Member

Hello! I don't have any experience with Emerald Swifts, but I have kept fence lizards (same genus). Since nobody else has answered, I figured I'd give it a try.

Emerald Swifts are arboreal, so I would think they would like lots of branches and foliage.

As long as you follow the "food no bigger than the space between the eyes" rule, dubias should be fine.

I've always dusted my fence lizard's food with just calcium powder twice a week. I'm not sure if thats different for Emerald Swifts though...?

These lizards require much more humidity than fence lizards, so I'm not sure how often you need to mist them. But I think the humidity needs to be around 60-70%.

Hope that helps at least a little! He's a very pretty little lizard, good luck with him!