This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Vomit

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Saborun, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Saborun

Saborun Well-Known Member

Hey everyone so we recently got home and we discovered Some Vomit from my Iguana, we think it is because she got into the dogs food, we normally have it locked up, but we came home and the door was open. My family I guess forgot to close it (I was out and about) but we think she ate too much, the rare times she only gets one peace before we catch her and take it away. Mainly just wondering if we need to take her to a vet or if she's good she's in a bath and drinking lots of water

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, is the iguana free roaming?

3. Saborun

Saborun Well-Known Member

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Can I ask what the conditions are in your home regarding ambient (air) and basking surface temps plus the humidity range and how you measure all those?

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

If it did get into the dog food, it probably depends on how well your conditions support the animal if it will pass safely. So please provide habitat details and diet as thoroughly as possible.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

A steady diet of dog food will kill the iguana. They are strict herbivores and animal protein will damage their liver.

AmityReptiles likes this.
  7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

What has been said about the animal protein, and the concern for a free roaming iguana, is true and your iguana is in danger of his life.
    He needs to have his own space, that is with a correct diet, temperature, humidity, UV light and security for a green iguana. They are wonderful pets, or can be if they are properly housed and cared. And by the way, they do not like dogs and that is a disaster waiting to happen.
    Thanks for coming and asking for help here. There are many experts willing to help, so please try to do what you can to improve your precious little iguana's life with you, by following the good advice given!

AmityReptiles and murrindindi like this.