This Disappears When Logged In

Going to Pick Out My Gecko in Half an Hour!

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by TitoAndKatt, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Yaay! The New Geckos are in! I am going to go pick out my new addition to the family which currently consists of: one Iguana, a temporary Ball Python, a Turtle, 2 Mice, a Starfish, 2 Clownfish, and soon 2 Gerbils and a Leopard Gecko: or maybe two! I am excited! As soon as I get off work I am going to go pick him or her out! Woot Woot! I will try to post pics as soon as I can (but as my internet is not up yet and I can only get on at work or school it may be a bit). :D

2. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

WOOOT :)

I can't wait to see the pics ;)

3. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

P.S. Anyone know anything about these? He looks sweet! (Armadillo Lizard)

[​IMG]

4. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LOL that's sooooo funny :D

I've heard of them but haven't done any research on them.
    They are cute tho ;)

5. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

They are neat little critters,that posture he is taking in the picture is a defensive one, they live in groups, bear live young, come from the desert regions of Africa, but it is illegal to trade them there although they are not endangered I have read two differences in size, some say 6-8 inches, others say 15 inches to 18 inches, whether there are two different classifications I am uncertain.

6. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I give You King Tut and Gallileo

Okay, I admit it, I am a huge Sucker. I went to the store to buy A leopard gecko...and walked out with 2. :eek: :p hehehe
    I give you King Tutankhamen and Gallileo...
    I am hoping Gallileo will turn out to be a Jungle. Can anyone tell me what Morph they actually are (esp King Tut)? I think Tut might have Raptor eyes too! What exactly defines a raptor? His eyes are a light grey and have darker, red streaks in them (veins). Or at least that is what it looks like. He is so little it is hard to tell...

Attached Files:

7. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Super cute. From what I have found on armidillo lizards is that they are more of a look don't touch lizard, very skittish but not overly bitey. I believe that they have a bout the same diet as a beardie being insect based stay small and require lots of heat and little humidity. I could be wrong that is just what I was told on another forum from a girl that had one.

8. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Those are way cute Katt :) (I always want to take a few of the herps home with me every time i go to get Buddy's food :D) The pet store i go to for food just had a "clutch?" of beardies, born on march 1st :p They are WAY cute and I'm thinking of getting one (or a few :p)

I have no idea what makes a raptor but I'm sure when Rich or Mooglbass read this they'll be able to tell you ;)

9. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

hahaha ya I am hopeless when it comes to animals. I want them all lmao I enjoy having something to take care of (boyfriend included ;) ) It's my raging maternal instincts. haha I just got a HUGE tanks and 2 florescent heat lights from my bf too from and old Lizard they had a long time ago, which is much better than the temp 10 gal I have them in! :)

10. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

A few better pics will help, but looks like a normal, and an albino.

11. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Congrats, :)
    They are cute.

12. TuesdaiC

TuesdaiC Elite Member

very cute!!!

13. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I know, I'm sorry. All I have is my webcam and my phone (those were from my phone). I will try to get some better ones later. Maybe my roommate will dig out her camera for me. Anyways, the albino (King Tut) has very light grey eyes and the darker one, Gallileo, had black eyes. There were only like 3 Lizards out of all of the ones that they had with grey eyes. they look a little bit like these pics:

14. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

found a better one they look a bit more like this I think, but still kind of like the other ones:

And Galileo has eyes that look completely black except for a bit of dark grey around the pupil...

15. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Wow very beautiful! :)

16. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

With out seeing the eyes on yours, I can not tell what albino it is. Probably a tremper more than likely though.

17. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Ya, after looking at more sites I think that is what (s)he is. I will still try to get some better pics up later.Thanks! :)
    They are not eating the crickets I put in there yet, could this be because of the stress of moving?
    I just got them yesterday and settled them all in. I have a large tank (maybe a 25 gal?) that I got from my Boyfriend and two tube lights (only using one) for heat and light and 2 heating pads (one 10 gal and one mini one that I got from my bf with the cage and lights). I don't have temps yet but will post them when I do. What is a good temp gradient? I heard 70-90? I also have pure calcium, a wet hide (warm side), a dry warm hide and dry cool hide and a water dish.

18. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Here is the the definition for raptor as per Rich in another thread :)

R.a.p.t.o.r stands for Red eye Albino Patternless Tremper ORange

19. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thanks Shwk. He's definitely not a Raptor then (darn). I'm thinking he's a Tremper like Moogle said.

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Tube lights do not generate enough heat to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.