This Disappears When Logged In

Food

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Jen1455, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jen1455

Jen1455 New Member

Can any one tell me which native plants I can feed to my bearded dragons Thank u

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You should post where you live because native plants in Massachusetts may not be native where you live.

3. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

there are a ton of plants you can grow and use year around. Dandelion and Wheat grass being 2 notable examples. Super easy to grow and care for. Dunno about native plants I would be concerned for pesticides everywhere

4. ReptiSmutt

ReptiSmutt Member

You should never feed anything you find to your beardie, they could be sprayed with pesticides ect. If you don't use pesticides in your backyard, A little grass won't hurt, I've let a few of my beardies eat some and they loved it.
    But best thing to do would be to grow your own. As @TigerIvy said dandelion and wheatgrass are both great. You could also grow a small bit of grass or some herbs. Clovers do good also, my boy cookie loves them.
    some good herbs as treats are basil, fennel, lemongrass, lavander and mint herb.

Some others might be fine, if you are curious on an exact plant or herb I can try my best to answer. I hope this all helped in someway.