This Disappears When Logged In

Could A Chinese Water Dragon Live In This?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Zyrendra, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Zyrendra

Zyrendra New Member

I have an old gun cabinet and the insides measure 25"L x 12"W x 57"H (I could possibly add several inches to the hight.) Is that to small for a 1 1/2 year old chinese water dragon?

2. Jay1718

Jay1718 Established Member

I believe that will be much too small. The minimum for a baby would be a 35 gallon tank.
    An adult will need a 6 ft T, 3 to 4 ft W, 5 to 6ft L
    But bigger is always better

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Not even close to big enough, needs to have a lot more floor area. Most of the good setups I see are in the neighborhood of 6' long.

4. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Giant day gecko. Green anolis. Smaller arboreal lizards. All would go OK. But anything that gets bigger than about 9 inches long will be too big for that.

5. Nicolerage

Nicolerage Member

Much too small. The enclosure should be pretty big. We keep ours in a 45gal reptile tank but he's still going to need a bigger one. If you're handy with tools, you can build a custom enclosure because we built a custom enclosure that's twice the size of our 45g tank for cheaper than the original tank costs. Definitely look up some tutorials on custom enclosures. Try to avoid the ones with chicken wire because it can't keep in the humidity as well.