This Disappears When Logged In

A Most Excellent Adventure

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Matthieu Adams, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Matthieu Adams

Matthieu Adams New Member

Hello and good evening!

My name's Matt, and I'm a new lizard lover and the caretaker of two juvies by the names Bill and Ted. They were placed in my care after the previous owner's landlord said she couldn't keep them. Up until I got them they were kept in an itty bitty 5 gallon tank. For now I have them upgraded to a 10 gallon, but with their growth will come a need to upgrade further. This is my first time with lizards, and it's been one heck of a first week!

Yeah, as you can probably tell, I'm a bit out of it. Most of this is due to drama and hectic conundrums regarding the setup of the geckos. Their enclosure, their introduction, their feeding, and their shedding have all been giving me some bogus vibes, and as a result I have burned myself out.

In any case, I think it would be a good idea to introduce you to the babies. (And in case you're wondering, I haven't been able to sex them properly yet but if they are both boys I will take precautions.)

cRYfReh.jpg
    This is Bill. He's a little more courageous than his brother and tends to be a little earlier of a bloomer. He shed earlier than Ted and is very jumpy. However, he also has a warm heart and a lovely smile.

TSrRT8r.jpg
    Ted is a little more shy and calm than his brother and tends to hide in several different spots. Due to my lack of foresight I had few hides, and one day I woke to find him curled up and hiding under the food bowl sleeping! Even so, Ted is a loyal boy and is also the champion runner between the two of them. (Yeah... he's shedding quite a bit in the pic and I promised afterwards I wouldn't touch him until he was done shedding.)

I may need help with getting started with my geckos. I have a proper enclosure setup so I don't need too much help there, but I have difficulty identifying the morph of these little guys as well as their sex, and they can be very picky eaters at times. They don't exactly like to eat in the presence of people.

Thanks for slogging through the intro. Hope to share more with you in the future!!

With best hopes,
    PineappleDaddio

PS. I get them a supply of crickets and dust them every other feeding as well as gut load them.